- The first steam operated lift. On the basis of this idea, Wilhelm Vestner founded what
is today ‘VESTNER Aufzüge GmbH’ in Munich in 1930.
- The company moves into the factory at Lothstrasse in Munich.
All the necessary components are manufactured here.
- Machine production moves to a different location.
- The company moves into the plant at Clemensstrasse in Munich. A separate carpenters’ shop is set up to construct the wooden cabins. The safety gear VW 3000 is type-tested and certified. The first oil-hydraulic lifts are produced.
- Wilhelm Vestner Senior hands over the management of the company to his sons.
- Constant growth leads to the construction of new production facilities at Garching near Munich.
- A new range of elevators suited to the demands of the market is developed that incorporates new technologies and modern organisational structures. Integrated procurement and materials management systems are introduced to production.
- Organisational structures and sales organisation are adapted to suit the changed requirements of the market. * Use of new materials such as glass, stainless steel, natural stone etc. in serial production.
- Consistent use of microprocessor electronics for the complete control technology in all lift systems.
- Start of the “VESTNER 2000″ emergency telephone system.
1990 – 2010
- Order fulfillment by CAD-based design technologies.
- CAM production control and production monitoring is started. Branches are opened in Berlin and Leipzig.
- Development of a modular system for standard lifts. An engineering group for special-purpose designs is formed.
- The first Elevators without a machine room are developed to the serial production stage by the VESTNER family and are launched with success on the market. The emergency telephone service is extended.
- A training centre is opened in Berlin.
- A new generation of microprocessor control systems with frequency control and many future-oriented functions is introduced.
- The company continues its steady growth by increasing the sales activities all over Europe. Several Sales offices in Germany, Austria and Hungaria provide elevators for people in Germany, Austria, Hungaria, Finnland, USA, Hongkong, Singapore,…
- Building a VPN network for all locations
- Introduction of electronic lift attendant (EAW); Opening Office in Hamburg
- Introduction of the 2nd Generation elevator without machine room
- Introduction of the ERP system from SAP. Implementation of escalators and moving walkways in the product range.
- Installation of the first escalators in Germany at the Allianz Arena. Equipping the service technician with MDA and the introduction of mobile and paperless data capture.
- Certification of maintenance and repair according to DIN EN13015. Provision of a customer portal for electronic data for each elevator. Presentation of the 3rd Generation of the elevator without machine room in the categories of convenience, premium and luxury.
- Enlargement of the European business with the acquisition of 145 full maintenance contracts in Marseille.
- Founding VESTNER FRANCE SAS, with offices in Marseille and Paris.
- Recertification according to DIN EN 13015 and ISO 9001:2008. Order of two shopping centers in Innsbruck with 12 escalators, 2 moving walkways and 20 elevators. Initial start of a lift with a one-touch control in Berlin.
* Inhalt fehlt